Fishing & Boat Rental
Red Cedar Lake boasts some very good fishing, and some of the best on the lake is right in front of our boathouse. Below you will find recommended guides for fishing excursions, information on fish species, and boat rental information.
In addition, all guests must strictly follow the following fishing laws:
- A valid fishing license is required. Licenses may be purchased online or at several nearby locations. Please inquire in the office for assistance in printing your license purchased online.
- All fishermen must comply with state conservation laws and possession limits.
- All boats must carry an approved floatation device for each occupant.
- Motor trolling is allowed on Red Cedar Lake.
- No one shall release a fish once it has been placed on a stringer in order to replace it with a larger one.
- Release a badly hooked smaller fish by cutting the line at the lips.
Docking Spaces on the Island
Stout’s Island’s infamous Boat House is home to our five boats: two passenger, two flatbed work boats, and the wooden Elco. We use the three covered slots for our passenger boats and the wooden Elco. There are three spots on the outside of the boat house and along the Power House that are available for rental.
If you would like to bring your own boat to the Island, or will be renting a boat you would like to dock, you may reserve a boat docking space in advance with the office.
Call (715) 354-3646 or email us at email@example.com to reserve. You must be a guest on the Island to reserve a docking space.
Each space is $50 per day.
Boat Docking Spaces
Docking Space 1 (west side of boat house) = Fits up to 26 foot watercraft
Docking Space 2 (east side of boat house) = Fits up to 24 foot watercraft
Docking Space 3 (east side of boat house) = Fits up to a 24 foot watercraft
If you do not require daily docking or do not wish to rent a docking space, you may launch and trailer your boat at the boat launch on the north side of our dock on shore.